You can get involved…
VOLUNTEER at Tapestri Inc.!
Tapestri Inc. is dedicated to ending violence in refugee and immigrant communities by using culturally competent and appropriate methods. Our programs include legal advocacy for battered immigrant and refugee women, direct services for survivors of human trafficking, community outreach within immigrant and refugee communities and trainings for mainstream service providers.
Tapestri offers a wide variety of tasks in internship and volunteer opportunities. We consider the interests and skills of each candidate and match their interests accordingly with agency needs. We also offer flexibility by allowing volunteers/interns to complete their tasks from Tapestri’s office or at home, during times which are convenient with their schedule. We do ask our volunteers and interns to be timely with their tasks and keep in communication with Tapestri staff regarding their progress.
Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Research & develop resources for survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking, including resources for health, legal and language needs;
- Organize community outreach presentations within immigrant & refugee communities;
- Conduct client surveys on services received from Tapestri;
- Review clients’ files and enter information into Tapestri’s database;
- Assist with direct services for clients (only after the completion of a number of volunteer hours with Tapestri);
- Review accuracy of information on Tapestri’s web site;
- Research for updated information on domestic violence and human trafficking for training materials and web site; and
- Write articles based on survivors’ stories.
Once an application has been submitted, a Tapestri staff representative will follow up to schedule an interview.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working together!